Saturday, February 21, 2009

Weather

So, the last few weeks in Jerusalem have been beautiful. It's been in the 60's durin g the day (I think one or two days we broke the 70's mark) and in the 50's at night. Last Friday, during the day, I wore sandals and shorts. Shorts! It was awesome.

This past week, though, things have been altered. Thursday, I walked out of class and there was dust. Everywhere. A huge dust cloud had settled over the city. I kind of freaked out, because iot seemed like one of the harbingers of the apocalypse. It was hard to breathe and the sun shone, but through a cloud of dust. Like post-nuclear holocaust weather.

And now today, Saturday, it's storming. Truly storming. Last night there was monstrous, heavy thunder, and intense lighting, and hail and pounding rain- my street, for a brief moment, resembled a river. I don't know quite what to make of all of these quick weather changes, except to say that it seems an awful lot like Southern California weather...

No comments: