Friday, September 19, 2008

Adam has arrived

and it's great to have him here.

He came into Israel Tuesday morning; ironically, a few hours after I left on the New Jew Tiyul. So we missed each other, and then he was here alone for 3 days while I was gallivanting up north. When I got back Thursday night, he was here, awaiting my arrival. I hadn't seen him since early June, so we had a lot of catching up to do, and then just some "roommate" bonding.

It's strange to start thinking of Adam as a roommate, as well as a close friend, and I think it will take some getting used to. We just went shopping together and it was a strange experience. We have very different plans of what to buy and cook with and eat (I like cereal, he doesn't; I like to drink juice, he doesn't). Mostly it's me going maximal and Adam going minimal. Little things. I'm sure it'll work out over the year, but it was our first time and slightly awkward and new.

But I'm so excited to have him here for the year. I think having a close friend, especially since it's Adam, will make the year easier, more fun, and just better.

Shabbat Shalom!

No comments: